Thursday, February 12, 2015

Only a couple weeks left



I can´t believe that in less then a month we will be back in Africa. So far we have been to Oregon, Idaho, California, Nevada and soon Hawaii. We have been blessed and humbled by all the support we have seen. We have spoken at many churches and small groups to tell people about what we are doing in the Congo. The response we have seen is so great. People and churches have come to stand along side us, to encourage us and to comfort us. I have seen how my first impressions of a person and church can be misleading. That God has taught me to look much deeper then skin deep. Churches may be small but their hearts are huge, someone may look poor but their riches are in God. I have been blow away at just how many people really care for us and our ministry. God has called us to do this ministry but He has also provided encouragement for us. He knows what we need and who we need, then He placed those people and things in our lives.
I think that when we meet people we never know what role they will play in our lives. We never know what experiences will change or guide our future. I was once told that I put God in a box, but I think I do the same with people. I think that they haven´t changed in the years since I knew them, that they are the exact same person I went to school with. People change and God changes people´s hearts. There has been so much encouragement for Fahamu and I, that I know that I can´t put people in a box. God can and will use anyone for anything. I feel honored that God has blessed us with so many caring people. Last year when I went to the Congo, I felt alone. This time going back I can feel the encouragement and love from the people here. I´m excited to go back and see all our friends, family and our ministries.
As we prepare to head back to Africa we are still in need of a couple of things we need a laptop and camera bag and need a pelican case. We ask that you continue to join with us in prayer as we continue to prepare for our trip to Africa. Tomorrow we will be speaking at at Northwest Christian University and on the 23d we will be headed to Hawaii where we will be speaking at the YWAM base there. Thank you for everyone who has taken time to listen us and to pray for us. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment